Vehlingsdorf had 268 inhabitants in 1939.
Click on images for an enlarged view
This church is where Grandpa Carl Julius Franz Maas was confirmed in 1892.
Three of the beautiful stained glass windows
The old German cemetery beside the church has been abandoned and is hardly visible in the underbrush. In addition to many broken stone bases, a couple of iron crosses and the glass shards of a memorial plaque lying in the weeds are all that remains. Sept 2003
© - Gene Maas
rev. Nov 2003