Descendants of John Partlow
(surname also spelled Partelow, Partellow, Partlo)
1. John Partlow1 was born Bet. 17351740 in Scotland. He died Abt. 1797 in Missisquoi Co., Quebec, Canada. John married ??? and they had 6 children.
2. i. Orman Ransom Partlow. b. between. 17751785 in Canada. Married Sarah Elizabeth Hall on 17 Jul 1787 in Alburg, Franklin Co., VT. Died on 07 Feb 1827 in St. Armand, Missiquoi Bay, Quebec, Canada.
ii. Anna Partlow. b. Aft. 1768.
iii. John Partlow. b. Aft. 1768.
iv. Joshua Partlow. b. Abt. 1769 in Saratoga Co., NY. He died in Durham, Buckingham Co., Quebec, Canada.
v. Allan Partlow. b. Abt. 1771 in Saratoga Co., NY.
vi. Robert Partlow. b. Abt. 1776, perhaps in Vermont.
2. Orman Ransom Partlow2 (John Partlow1). b. Bet. 17751785 in Canada. He died on 07 Feb 1827 in St. Armand, Missiquoi Bay, Quebec, Canada. Religion: Church of England. He married Sarah Elizabeth Hall who was born abt. 1775. She died about 01 Nov 1866 in St. Lawrence Co., NY and was buried in Hillcrest Cemetery, St. Lawrence Co., NY.
Orman Ransom Partlow and Sarah Elizabeth Hall had 8 children.
3. i. David Partlow. b. Abt. Feb 1797 in Eastern Canada. d. 3 Aug 1890 in Culvertown, near Portland, Ionia Co., MI.
ii. Emma Partlow. b. 26 Jan 1802 Missiquoi Bay, Quebec, Canada; d. 18 Jun 1869 Goshen, Addison, Vermont, USA. Religion: Church of England. m. McGibbin.
iii. Juerusha Partlow. b. abt. 1805 Argenteuil, Lower Canada; she died 5 May 1835.
iv. Palmer Partlow. b. on 01 Feb 1808 in Franklin Co., VT. Residence 1841. Religion: Methodist Episcopal Church. m. in 1829 to Elizabeth Sanders who was born 8 May 1811 in St. Lawrence Co., NY. She died 10 Mar 1888 in Eagle, Eaton Co., MI. He died on 21 Oct 1884 in Section 32, Eagle Twp., Clinton Co., MI. bur. Union Cemetery, Oneida Co., MI.
v. Samuel E. Partlow. b. 06 Aug 1810 in Canada. m. Olive Alexander who was born 1811 in VT. 2nd. m. Catherine Rilliker. He died on 13 Nov 1882 in Troy, Rensselaer Co., NY. Occupation: farmer.
vi. Orange Partlow. b. 22 Aug 1812 in Canada; Occupation: farmer as of 16 Aug 1850. m. Leonora Boyington who was born 1817 Canada East. d. 1 Apr 1884 in Eaton Co., MI. bur. Union Cemetery, Oneida Co., MI.
vii. Ransom J. Partlow. b. 01 May 1814 in VT. m. Harriet Sanders who was born 21 Feb 1815 in NY. She died 19 May 1898 in Lawrence, St. Lawrence Co., NY. Occupation: farmer as of 10 Jul 1860 in St. Lawrence Co., NY. He died on 06 May 1881 in Lawrence, St. Lawrence Co., NY. Buried in Hillcrest Cemetery, Lawrenceville, St. Lawrence Co., NY.
viii. Adelia Partlow. b. Aug 1819 in Vergennes, Addison Co., VT. m. Edmund B. Badger. She died 1906 in Norwood, St. Lawrence Co., NY. Burial: 1906 in Norwood, St. Lawrence Co., NY.
3. David Partlow3 (Orman Ransom Partlow2, John Partlow1). b. Abt. Feb 1797 in Eastern Canada. Married Sarah Hier who was born Abt. 1810 in Eastern Canada. Religion: Wesleyan in 1851. Occupation: farmer in 1860. Residence: Sec. 32, Eagle Twp., Clinton Co., MI from 18601870 . He died 3 Aug 1890 in Culvertown, a suburb of Portland, Ionia Co., MI.
Click on photo to enlarge
David Partlow and Sarah Hier had 13 children.
i. Lorenzo Partlow. b. Abt. 1828 in Canada Bas.
ii. Ursula Partlow. b. Abt. 1830 in Canada Bas.
iii. Saryan Partlow. b. Abt. 1834 in Canada Bas. d. 9 Sep 1925 in Chippewa twp., Isabella, MI
iv. Lester S. Partlow. b. Abt. 1838 in Canada Bas.
v. Horatio N. Partlow. b. Abt. 1840 in Canada Bas.
vi. Lucina Partlow. b. Abt. 1842 in Canada Bas.
vii. Alexander Partlow. b. Abt. 1844 in Canada Bas.
viii. David S. Partlow. b. Abt. 1845 in Canada Bas.
ix. Hattie Partlow. b. Abt. 1847 in Canada Bas.
x. Emma J. Partlow. b. Abt. 1849 in Canada Bas.
xi. Joshua Partlow. b. Abt. 1851 in Canada Bas.
4. xii. Adelia Marie Partlow (also known as Delia). b. on 03 May 1852 near Lake Champlain, in Canada. d. 3 Mar 1935 in Hot Springs, AR.
xiii. Ephraim Miles Partlow. b. 21 Jun 1855in Michigan. d. 19 Jan 1931 in Eagle Twp., Clinton Co., MI.
4. Adelia Marie Partlow4 (David Partlow3, Orman Ransom Partlow2, John Partlow1). b. 03 May 1852 near Lake Champlain, maybe in Canada. She died on 03 Mar 1935 in Hot Springs, AR. She was also known as Delia. Married Arza Thomas Beardsley, the son of Elisha Carpenter Beardsley and Rebecca Millard. He was born on 26 Jan 1837 in Canada. Military Service Bet. 22 Jul 1861Sep 1865 in Union Army during Civil War. Occupation: Stone mason in 1900. He died on 20 Jan 1911 in Arkansas. Religion: Baptist.
Arza Thomas Beardsley and Adelia Marie Partlow were married on 29 Apr 1872. They had 6 children.
i. David Carpenter Beardsley. b. 08 Feb 1874 in Eagle, Clinton County, MI. He died on 13 Oct 1934 in Hot Springs, AR. m. Nettie Frances Black on June 22, 1905. She was born February 18, 1875 and died July 30, 1959. Both are buried in Crystal Springs cemetery, Garland Co., Arkansas.
ii. Sarah Rebecca Beardsley. b. 17 Dec 1875 in Aneida? or Port Oneida, MI. She died on 11 Nov 1912 in El Paso, TX.
iii. Mary Adelia Beardsley. b. 13 Apr 1879 in Eagle Twp., Clinton Co., MI. She died on 29 Apr 1879.
iv. Thomas Albert Beardsley. b. on 20 May 1880 in Portland, Ionia County, MI. He died on 24 May 1952 in Bath Township, East Lansing, MI. m. Julia Mae Sage. b. 1889; d. 1964. Both are buried in Pleasant Hill Cemetery, Bath, MI. Occupation: U. S. Mail Carrier. Resided in East Lansing, MI.
v. Clarence Chester Beardsley. b. 27 Oct 1883 in McBride, MI. d. November 27, 1965 in El Paso, TX. m. Pearl S. (unknown). Burial: Restlawn Memorial Park, El Paso, TX
vi. Daisy May Beardsley. b. 10 Sep 1886 in Ithaca, Gratiot County, Michigan. She married Fleming Rose Burr Vanderburg on 26 Mar 1908 in Jessieville, Arkansas; b. May 02, 1879, Raleigh, NC; d. January 01, 1969, Mesa Southside Hospital, Mesa, AZ.. She died on 28 Oct 1929 on their farm two miles southwest of Bennington, OK. Cause of death was tuberculosis. She is buried in the cemetery on Winters Creek Road, Bennington, OK. He is buried in the Mt. View Cemetery, Casa Grande, AZ
Further information about the life and family of Daisy May and Fleming Rose Burr Vanderburg can be seen on the Vanderburg page.
BEARDSLEY, HALL, HIER, MILLARD, PALMER. VANDERBURG
1825 Canadian census, St. Armond, Missiquoi Bay, Quebec.
1860 US census, Michigan, Clinton County, Eagle Township
1870 US census, Michigan, Clinton County, Eagle Township
1840 US census, New York, Lawrence Twp., St. Lawrence Co.
1860 US census, New York, Lawrence Twp., St. Lawrence Co.
© - Gene Maas
6 May 2010
rev. 20 Oct 2011
Top of Page
Table of Contents